Everyday language summaries are provided for your benefit and are not legally binding. Please read the "Terms of Service" to understand your legal requirements. By using RewardJet or any RewardJet services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to check back periodically for updates to the Terms of Service.
1. Account Terms
- You must be 18 years or older or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or from which you use this Service.
- You must provide your full legal name, a valid email address, and any other information needed in order to complete the sign-up process.
- You must represent a valid group, business, union, non-profit, club, association, or organization ("Group") or self-identify as an independent worker paid by 1099 ("Independent Worker"). Your Group must have a stand-alone website or current Facebook page.
- You acknowledge that you are duly authorized to create an account and administer an account for your Group or as an Independent Worker. By creating an account for your Group, you will become the Group Administrator ("Group Admin"). By creating an account as an Independent Worker, you will be the Administrator ("Admin").
- You acknowledge that RewardJet will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. RewardJet cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
- You are responsible for any content that you upload such as your logo or your Group "About Us" description under your RewardJet account ("Group Content"). You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service as determined in the sole discretion of RewardJet will result in an immediate termination of your services.
Don’t use RewardJet for anything illegal or transmit any harmful code. Remember that with any violation of these terms we will cancel your service. If we need to reach you, we will send you an email.
2. Account Activation
- Subject to section 2.2, the person signing up for the Service will be the contracting party ("Account Owner") for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding account we may provide to the Group Admin or Admin in connection with the Service.
- If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Account Owner. If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of a Group that is not your employer, then you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your Group to our Terms of Service. If you are signing up for the Service as an Independent Worker, you shall be bound by our Terms of Service.
The person signing up for the RewardJet service is responsible for the account and is bound by these Terms of Service. If you sign up on behalf of your employer, your employer owns the account and is also bound by our Terms of Service.
3. General Conditions
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is available via email or chat.
- You may not use the RewardJet service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws) as well as the laws of the state of New York.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by RewardJet.
- You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use RewardJet or RewardJet trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com.
- You understand that your site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks, and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- Any software that may be made available by or on behalf of RewardJet in connection with the Service, ("Software") contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Subject to the terms and conditions of this TOS, RewardJet only grants you a personal, non-sub licensable and non-exclusive license to use the object code of any Software solely in connection with the Service. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
The RewardJet service belongs to us. You are not allowed to use it for any illegal or unapproved purpose.
4. RewardJet Rights
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove site content and Accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or to violate any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any RewardJet customer, RewardJet employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- RewardJet does not pre-screen the Account Owner’s "About Us" content, logo, or "Welcome" message or image, and it is in our sole discretion to reject or to remove any Account Owner’s "About Us" content, logo, or "Welcome" message or image that is available via the Service.
- We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment.
- In the event of a dispute regarding account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm account ownership. Documentation may include but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your business license, government-issued photo ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, etc.
- RewardJet retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful account ownership and transfer an account to the rightful owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful account owner, RewardJet reserves the right to temporarily disable an account until a resolution has been established between the disputing parties.
We can modify, cancel or refuse the service at any time.
In the event of an ownership dispute over a RewardJet account, we can freeze the account or transfer it to the rightful owner.
5. Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that RewardJet shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
- In no event shall RewardJet or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (including resulting from negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, RewardJet partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- RewardJet does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- RewardJet does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable.
- RewardJet does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
We are not responsible if you break the law, breach this agreement or go against the rights of a third party, especially if you get sued.
Service is "as is" so it may have errors or interruptions, and we provide no warranties.
6. Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of RewardJet to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and RewardJet and governs your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and RewardJet (including, but not limited to, any previous versions of the Terms of Service).
If RewardJet chooses not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not mean that they give up that right later.
These terms of service make up the agreement that applies to you. This means that any previous agreements between you and RewardJet don't apply if they conflict with these terms.
7. Intellectual Property and Customer Content
- We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the RewardJet service. All material you upload remains yours. You can remove your RewardJet site at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove any content you have stored on the site.
- By uploading site content, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users to view your site content; (b) to allow RewardJet to display and store your site content; and (c) that RewardJet can, at any time, review all the site content submitted by you to its Service and that we may, but have no obligation to, remove site content and Accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- You retain ownership over all "About Us" and "Welcome" content that you upload to a RewardJet site; however, you agree to allow others to view your "About Us" and "Welcome" content. You are responsible for compliance of "About Us" and "Welcome" content with any applicable laws or regulations, including trademark, copyright, and laws relating to intellectual property.
- Protecting Copyrights and Intellectual Property. RewardJet respects the intellectual property of others and requires that our Account Owners do the same. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, privacy, publicity or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. If you fail to comply with these requirements, RewardJet reserves the right to terminate your Account at any time. If you believe your work has been copied and posted on or through RewardJet in a way that constitutes copyright and/or trademark infringement, we will respond to legitimate requests under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), and we retain the right to remove user content that we deem to be infringing the copyright of others. If you become aware of user content on RewardJet that infringes your copyright rights, you may submit a properly formatted DMCA request (see 17 U.S.C. § 512) to RewardJet. The text of the Act can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site.
- We will not disclose your confidential information to third parties, except as required in the course of providing our services. Confidential information includes any materials or information provided by you to us, which is not publicly known. Confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the public domain at the time we received it; (b) comes into the public domain after we received it through no fault of ours; (c) we received from someone other than you without breach of our or their confidentiality obligations; or (d) we are required by law to disclose.
Anything you upload remains yours and your responsibility. If you want to remove your content, just delete your account. We reserve the right to take down any content we deem violates our Terms of Service.
8. Your Site
- You may choose the color theme of your RewardJet site from RewardJet’s color selection function.
- You may upload your logo to your RewardJet site.
- You may write and display your "About Us" content.
- You may write and display your "Welcome" information.
- You may upload a photo into your "Welcome" banner.
- Items 1-5 above are subject to and must comply with, our Terms of Service as detailed in the sections herein.
- The intellectual property rights to the RewardJet site and its functionality remain the property of RewardJet, Inc.
- RewardJet is solely responsible for and has exclusive control over, the site functionality, tools, navigation, interface, "backend" and features. You acknowledge and accept that your site’s functionality and features are "as is" and are subject to the offerings and limitations of the RewardJet platform as determined solely by RewardJet.
- You shall have the right to select which "Deal and Service Categories", "Merchant Partners", and "Merchant Partner Offers" will be displayed on your site. "Deal and Service Categories" are those general categories, by industry (e.g. travel, dining, electronics, education, etc.) of discounts, offers, and services RewardJet makes available to you. "Merchant Partners" are those companies, brands, and service providers who, subject to meeting the conditions established by RewardJet, make available discounts, savings, services and other benefits to subscribers of the RewardJet service. "Merchant Partner Offers" are the specific discounts, offers, or services a Merchant Partner is making available to RewardJet subscribers at any specific time. Once you accept a Merchant Partner to your site, you shall have no right or ability to change, edit, or in any way alter the Merchant Partner Offer while it is displayed on your site, however you shall have the ability to "hide" or turn-off the offer at any time so it will not be, or no longer be, displayed on your site. The functionality to select and control the display of "Deal and Service Categories", "Merchant Partners", and "Merchant Partner Offers" is in your administrator dashboard in your "Account Center".
- You acknowledge and accept that certain Merchant Partners may have specific criteria for you to access their offers and that you, at your sole discretion, may apply to access these Merchant Partners, the acceptance of your application which is the sole decision of the Merchant Partner and not RewardJet.
- RewardJet has the sole authority to add or delete Merchant Partners and may do so at any time, without notice.
- By accepting a Merchant Partner to your site, you acknowledge and accept that the users of your site may purchase goods and service from those Merchant Partners and that your users, subject to the Merchant Partners’ own terms of service, may provide, at their choice and discretion, their credit card and other personal information to a Merchant Partner.
- If your users choose, they may opt-in to be contacted directly by a Merchant Partner. We may also contact your users directly if they have contacted our Customer Service for assistance or if they have opted-in to receive emails or other alerts of new offers, news, or updates to the RewardJet system.
You can choose from one of our color themes for your site and upload basic information about your Group and your related logos and images, subject to our rules and regulations. The functionality and features of the site are solely determined, and the responsibility of, RewardJet. You choose which "Deal and Service Categories", "Merchant Partners" (e.g. Best Buy, 24 Hour Fitness, etc.), and "Merchant Partner Offers" will be displayed on your site, but you cannot edit their offers; however, you can turn them off at any time. Your users may decide to purchase a good or service from a Merchant Partner and provide their credit card and other information to that Merchant Partner. We may contact your users if they request assistance from Customer Service or if they opt-in to receive emails or alerts of new offers or other information.
9. RewardJet Pricing Tiers and Users
- RewardJet is a monthly fee-based subscription service. By subscribing to RewardJet, you receive your own branded RewardJet site consisting of discounts, savings and services from the Merchant Partners you select and, for certain items, from RewardJet directly. You choose the number of persons "Users" who can use your RewardJet site and access these discounts, savings, and services by selecting a "Tier". A "Tier" refers to the number of Users you can have on your site, and each Tier has a corresponding monthly fee. See our Pricing section to learn about the number of Users and price per Tier.
- You can sign up for any Tier regardless of how many members or employees are part of your organization. However, if you sign up as an Independent Worker, only you will have access and be able to use your RewardJet site as the sole User.
- If you register as a Group, your RewardJet subscription has a default setting to automatically upgrade ("Auto-Upgrade") to the next pricing Tier once you exceed the limit of Users in the Tier you are on. If you do not wish to be automatically upgraded to the next Tier, you have the option of turning off the Auto-Upgrade feature and capping the number of Users ("Membership Cap") who can join your account. If you have enabled Membership Cap, you will be alerted once your account is close to reaching its User limit. If you wish to allow more Users to join your account, you can do this manually by going to your Billing and Account page, click the Manage Subscription link and then click on the subscription Tier you wish to upgrade to. Or you can have your subscription automatically upgraded once you surpass your current member limit by selecting the Auto Upgrade option located on the same page.
- In your Account Center, you have the ability to view all of your Users and see how frequently they use the site. You have the right to delete User accounts on your site. If you need to delete Users who have left your group, or who have not used the site for a long time, you can do it in your Account Center. You can download your User’s email addresses in your account center, but you cannot email your Users directly through our system.
- If you wish to downgrade your account to a lower Tier ("Downgrade"), you must manually change your subscription on the Billing and Account page, and you may only Downgrade to a lower Tier if your User count is less than the maximum allowed for that Tier. To reduce User count, you must delete Users in your Account Center. You cannot Downgrade from a Group account to an Independent Worker Account, however. Successful account Downgrades and the lower subscription fee for the lesser Tier will be reflected after your next billing cycle. In other words, your immediate next bill will still reflect your previous subscription fee, but all subsequent bills will reflect your new lower subscription fee.
- Your Users must agree to the standard RewardJet User Terms of Service to use our service and access the offers on your rewards site. There is no fee or charges for your Users to join your site or use the service and they can delete their account at any time.
RewardJet is not a free service. The monthly cost is determined by the number of Users you would like to be able to access the service or by the single User account available to Independent Workers. Please see our Pricing information for rates and details. You can always increase or decrease the number of Users who can access your site unless you sign up as an Independent Worker in which case only you will have access. Group accounts are set to Auto-Upgrade as you add Users unless you turn-off Auto-Upgrade and enable Membership Cap. You may Downgrade your Subscription Tier at any time. Your Users must agree to our standard terms and conditions to use the service, but they are never charged to access your site.
10. Payment of Fees and Free Trial
- You must keep a valid credit card on file with us to pay for all incurred and recurring Fees. RewardJet will charge applicable Fees to the credit card account that you authorize ("Authorized Card"), and RewardJet will continue to charge the Authorized Card (or any replacement card) for applicable Fees until the Services are terminated, and any and all outstanding Fees have been paid in full. Unless otherwise indicated, all Fees and other charges are in U.S. dollars, and all payments shall be in U.S. currency.
- Subscription Fees are paid in advance and will be billed in 30-day intervals (each such date, a "Billing Date"). Transaction Fees and Additional Fees may be charged from time to time for services you have requested. You will be charged on each Billing Date for all outstanding Fees that have not previously been charged. Fees will appear on an invoice, which will be sent to the Account Owner via the email provided. As well, an invoice will appear in your Account Center. Account Owners have approximately two weeks to bring up and settle any issues with the billing of Subscription Fees.
- All fees are exclusive of applicable federal, provincial, state, local or other governmental sales, goods, and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future ("Taxes").
- We may, at our discretion, offer a free trial ("Free Trial") period which may not require a credit card. If you sign up for a Free Trial, at the end of the Free Trial period, you will be asked to create an Account and input your credit card information to pay for your Subscription Fee. If you do not create an Account with your credit card information after your Free Trial period expires you will no longer be able to access your RewardJet account.
You need a valid credit card to use RewardJet, and the Authorized Card is charged every 30 days so long as you keep the service on. We may offer a Free Trial period which does not require a credit card.
11. Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your Account at any time by following the instructions in your Account Center or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and then following the instructions in RewardJet’s response to you. If you cancel in the middle of your billing cycle, you’ll have one final invoice.
- Your Users may cancel their Account at any time by following the instructions in their Account Center or by emailing us at email@example.com and then following the instructions in RewardJet’s response to them.
- If any User whose Account has been canceled by their Group Admin or by themselves still has unused gift cards, purchases or coupons in their RewardJet account they will be given a special link to access their unused gift cards, purchases and coupons so long as they are unused.
- If any User whose Account has been canceled by their Group Admin or themselves is signed up for healthcare through RewardJet (see Healthcare section below) they will be given a special link to access their Healthplan Dashboard for the remainder of their health insurance contract period.
- Upon termination of the Services by either party for any reason, and notwithstanding the access provided in points 3 and 4 above:
- RewardJet will cease providing you with the Services, and you will no longer be able to access your Account;
- Unless otherwise provided in the Terms of Service, you will not be entitled to any refunds of any Fees, pro rata or otherwise;
- Any outstanding balance owed to RewardJet for your use of the Services through the effective date of such termination will immediately become due and payable in full; and;
- Your RewardJet website will be taken offline.
- If at the date of termination of the Service, there are any outstanding Fees owing by you, you will receive one final invoice. Once that invoice has been paid in full, you will not be charged again.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the RewardJet service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, RewardJet may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
You may cancel at any time. To cancel your account simply go to your Account Center and follow the instructions or email firstname.lastname@example.org and RewardJet will respond with the instructions. Once cancellation is confirmed, all your content will be permanently deleted, unless you have outstanding gift cards, purchases, coupons or are signed up for your health insurance through RewardJet, in which case you will be provided a link to maintain access to those items. If you cancel in the middle of your billing cycle, you’ll have one final invoice.
12. Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Prices for using the Services are subject to change upon 30 days’ notice from RewardJet. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the RewardJet site (rewardjet.com) or in the Account Center of your RewardJet site via an announcement.
- RewardJet reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- RewardJet shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We may change or discontinue the service at any time, without liability.
13. Optional Tools
- RewardJet may provide you with access to third-party tools over which RewardJet neither monitors nor has any control or input.
- You acknowledge and agree that RewardJet provides access to such tools ‘as is’ without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. RewardJet shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
- Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion, and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We are not responsible for third party tools so use them at your own risk. If you use them you agree that we do not provide a warranty, so get advice beforehand.
14. Healthcare Sign-Up
- RewardJet may provide access to health insurance plans and related products through the RewardJet website or mobile app. RewardJet is not a health insurance company, or provider of health insurance, or an insurance broker, but may have arrangements with licensed and regulated third-party health insurance companies, providers or brokers ("Third Party Health Providers") whereby access to licensed and regulated products are available through the RewardJet website.
- The Admin or Group Admin shall solely determine if they wish to themselves, or if they wish their Users to, have access to the health insurance and related products available on RewardJet from Third-Party Health Providers. By accepting access to health insurance to your RewardJet site you acknowledge and accept that the Users of your site may purchase insurance from Third-Party Health Providers and that your Users will be subject to the Third-Party Health Providers’ own terms of service and, may provide, at their choice and discretion, their credit card and other personal information to a Third-Party Health Provider. RewardJet shall make no warranties and shall bear no responsibility nor have any liability for services rendered by Third-Party Health Providers to Users and RewardJet shall not be a party to contracts between Users, Admins, Group Admins and Third-Party Health Providers.
- While RewardJet is not a health insurance company we are guided by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (HIPPA). The RewardJet site is not designed to be used for the communication or transfer of protected health information (PHI). However, if we determine that we are required by law to treat your personal information as PHI, we will do so.
We are not a health insurance company, provider, or broker. We may have arrangements with licensed and regulated companies which provide health insurance and related products which can be accessed on RewardJet.
15. PURCHASES OF INVENTORY OWNED BY REWARDJET
- We may purchase inventory from certain Merchant Partners and other companies, in the form of gift cards, products, and services ("Products"). We may decide to make this inventory available for purchase by Users and serve as a reseller ("Reseller") of this inventory we own.
- We will only sell inventory we own, and that can be delivered electronically, or by trackable delivery (e.g. UPS, FedEx, U.S. Post Priority service) to Users who purchase this inventory ("Purchasers"). Purchasers will pay through our own shopping cart, and Purchasers’ credit cards will be processed by an established third-party credit card processor. Participating Retailers’ gift cards must be redeemed at the applicable Retailer’s website or physical retail store, subject to the Retailer’s then current terms and conditions. All U.S. gift cards sold on RewardJet are only available in the United States. No Products may be resold.
- All risk of loss and title for the Products will pass to the Purchaser upon electronic transmission or confirmed delivery to such individual. We are not responsible if after delivery Products are lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without permission. We are not responsible if any Product is rendered unsuitable for redemption through no fault of RewardJet. If you have lost or misplaced your Product and the balance has not been spent or changed from the original amount, please email us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 877-270-6352, and we will email you or ship you a replacement Product provided we can confirm the balance is unused. If your Product order is incorrect, you must notify RewardJet within 30 days and provided the balance has not been spent and has not changed from the original amount; we will make our best reasonable efforts to correct the error. If RewardJet is not notified of any error within 30 days of the date of electronic transmission or confirmed delivery of the Product, the Product will be deemed to be satisfactory.
We may make available for sale on RewardJet certain products that we have pre-purchased or purchased in bulk, mostly in the form of gift cards or services we can deliver to Users at a discount.
16. DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure
RewardJet supports the protection of intellectual property and asks RewardJet Users to do the same. It's our policy to respond to all notices of alleged copyright infringement. If someone believes that one of our subscribers is infringing their intellectual property rights, they can send a DMCA Notice to RewardJet’s designated agent using our form. Upon receiving a DMCA Notice, we may remove or disable access to the material claimed to be a copyright infringement. Once provided with a notice of takedown, the subscriber can reply with a counter notification using our form if they object to the complaint. The original complainant has 14 business days after we receive a counter notification to seek a court order restraining the subscriber from engaging in the infringing activity; otherwise, we restore the material.
RewardJet respects intellectual property rights and you should too. If we receive a DMCA Notice, we may disable access or remove the allegedly infringing content from your website. If you don’t think the claim is valid, you can proceed with a counter notification.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless RewardJet from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from your breach of this Terms of Service. RewardJet shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit or demand. RewardJet reserves the right to conduct the exclusive defense and control of any matter that is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting RewardJet’s defense of such matters.
If any provision of this Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Terms of Service will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
19. Choice of Law and Forum
The Terms of Service and the relationship between the parties shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law.